Cherrie Lynn

Monday, April 30th, 2012
Update

Ghost and Macy are shaping up to have a longer story than Brian and Candace. I’m sure that’s probably good news to you guys, but I’m not so sure it’s good news to me. More work! lol. After numerous starts and stops, after completely scrapping chapters upon chapters and crying and starting over from scratch more times than I care to admit, Leave Me Breathless now stands at 70K words. That’s novel length. A shorter novel, but still a novel. And there’s still some story to tell. So I’m looking at a true 100K novel for them. To think it was originally supposed to be only a novella. Ha! Looks like I got carried away, right? There’s just so much to these guys.

I think this is the first book I’ve published that had a title before I was done with it. It’s certainly the first to already have its dedication written before I’ve even submitted it. Believe me, I know *just* who this one is for. :-)

22 comments to “Update”

1. Luigia
    April 30th, 2012 at 12:22 pm · Link

Since you have more words to write…some of them can involve more of B&C and their steamy moments. Pretty pretty please! *huge teary eyes*

As far as regards G&M….so happy theirs is a novel…novellas suck when you have characters to die for!

I’m looking forward to Ghost’s sense of humor….among the other things…hihiihi

2. Cherrie Lynn
    April 30th, 2012 at 1:21 pm · Link

I don’t really have time to spend on B&C’s steamy moments–I’ve still got a lot of story to tell in 30K words (wordy as I am, it’s really not all that much)! :) But Brian plays a big part in Ghost & Macy’s relationship toward the end. He’s a good friend.

3. Luigia
    April 30th, 2012 at 3:30 pm · Link

Steamy moments…for me just to have B in a scene is wonderful, and when he and Candace are together I’m over the moon. Just their presence makes me squeal.

I’m curious to find out if Regina ( is thi Ghost’s ex-girlfriend’s name?) is bitchy bitch or funny bitch of stupid bitch…go Macy! make her see who you are! and scream Seth is yours!

4. Cherrie Lynn
    April 30th, 2012 at 4:02 pm · Link

Raina. She is a CRAZY bitch. But Macy ain’t scared. ;)

Just for you, here’s a little intro…
    ________________________________
    Five minutes into the design, Starla made the announcement they all dreaded to hear. “Oh, hell. Psycho ex incoming.”

It was met with the usual panicked chorus of “Whose?!”—they all had them, unfortunately—but Ghost had a familiar sinking feeling in his gut without even looking up. His own psycho ex was like a bloodhound. He’d been back in town for six hours, and she’d already sniffed him out. He knew it.

The door dinged as it opened. Starla cheerfully called out “Hi, Raina!”

Damn, damn, triple damn. He still didn’t look up, even as Raina struck up a brief conversation with Starla as if the two had ever liked each other. Starla, bless her, was trying to run interference for him, but she wasn’t having any luck. Raina made a beeline for him.

“Hey, you. When did you get back?”

That throaty voice, purring into the mic at their gigs, purring into his ear, had once driven him wild. Now it was like nails down a chalkboard. Finally, he threw her a glance. Tiny, ferocious and—he couldn’t deny it—completely fucking crazy from her multicolored dreads to her heavy black boots, she wasn’t someone he’d wanted to welcome him home tonight. Shit.

5. Jessica
    May 1st, 2012 at 9:58 am · Link

your honestly gonna put me into premature labor if i get anymore excited ha ha jk

6. Luigia
    May 1st, 2012 at 11:53 am · Link

@Jessica
    Your commethas made me gone into an imaginary labor! XD

Ohhhhhhhh….so excited to read this story!!!!

7. Cherrie Lynn
    May 1st, 2012 at 11:57 am · Link

I will have no laboring here, imaginary or otherwise! LOL!

Glad you guys are excited. But the pressure…oh, the pressure… ;P

8. Jessica
    May 1st, 2012 at 2:15 pm · Link

@Luigia

ha ha now im happy i’ll have someone to hold my hand, lets start breathing together ha ha

sorry to put the pressure on cherrie i’ll try and keep the little guy in next time you post something ha ha

9. Luigia
    May 1st, 2012 at 4:37 pm · Link

Fan pressure….can motivate or crush you….I’ll not ask about pub dates but I’ll need a teaser (even a short quote from the story) now and then…I’ll spend my time trying to guess the context and who’s speaking and you might *breathe* again…Deal? ;)

@Jessica
    Breathe…in and out…..in and out….

10. Candace
    May 2nd, 2012 at 9:13 pm · Link

Im so excited that it is a novel yah! Keep up the great work. Can’t wait for B and C

11. Joanne
    May 3rd, 2012 at 11:32 am · Link

I’m really excited about this upcoming novel. The tidbits have been so good! The only downer is having to wait…

12. Angie
    May 3rd, 2012 at 7:17 pm · Link

I am so excited!

13. Lily
    May 7th, 2012 at 12:33 pm · Link

Will there be any Kelsey and Evan or Brian and Candace fixes in the new book? Love them! Can’t wait for ghost and Macy’s story(:

14. Cherrie Lynn
    May 7th, 2012 at 12:40 pm · Link

Brian and Candace are in it a lot. Evan and Kelsey make one appearance, when they stop by Dermamania to visit with Brian. :)

15. Lily
    May 7th, 2012 at 1:26 pm · Link

Aww yay! So excited! Do you have any time frame for when it will be released? Also are you planning on writing a sequel for either couples?

16. jasmine
    May 7th, 2012 at 4:02 pm · Link

I’m so excited I almost had a stroke when I saw a new post about the book and I’m only 17!
    I’m like tooling excited.
    can’t wait :D

17. Ann
    May 10th, 2012 at 7:19 pm · Link

It’s gonna be GREAT! We all obviously have faith in you and, we will love this book I’m sure!!!
    REALLY happy to know B&C make appearances too…love that we’ll still have a connection to them!! :-))

18. Ann
    May 10th, 2012 at 7:36 pm · Link

By the way…. I love the chosen title and hope you get to keep it!! Sounds like its appropriate for these two…*hint* the backseat car scene in a previous blog…ha ha!

19. MyLadyKat
    May 12th, 2012 at 9:05 pm · Link

Whoa! 100,000 words! This book will be amazing :)

20. Andrea Phillips
    May 22nd, 2012 at 2:00 pm · Link

I discovered your books while browsing my Kindle. I’m hooked! Finished Unleashed in one day and could not put it down! Moved on to Rock Me and LOVED it! Cannot wait for Ghost and Macy’s story!!!! And I would love to read more about the adventures of Brian/Candace and Kelsey/Evan!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Jamie S.
    June 26th, 2012 at 5:33 pm · Link

Just finished UNLEASHED and bought ROCK ME right away!!! LOOOVED Unleashed….hot hot hot… I actually didn’t even realize Rock Me was about Brian until I started reading it :) So i was glad i read them in the right order!!! Keep ‘em coming!!

22. Fredrick
    October 13th, 2014 at 5:14 am · Link

you’re actually a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any unique trick.
    Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a magnificent task in this
    subject!